Like the other knives inspired by the original Zero Tolerance 0777, the Bareknuckle, model 7777, is based on the style of Kershaw's original award-winning design, but this one offers a slimmed down profile and upgraded materials. The blade is Sandvik 14C28N stainless, a blade steel that was originally created through a Kershaw-Sandvik partnership to produce this high-performance steel. Increased nitrogen in the formula enables 14C28N to provide excellent corrosion resistance and the ability to be hardened to 58-60 Rockwell. Sandvik calls 14C28N the overall highest performing knife steel in the world that still maintains the productivity benefit of being fine-blankable.
The Bareknuckle comes with handsome, anodized-aluminum handles in matte gray. And like the popular Knockout, the Bareknuckle features Kershaw's patented Sub-Frame Lock to lighten the in-pocket weight and to ensure safe blade lock up while in use. The blade opens manually with Kershaw's KVT ball-bearing system and a flipper. For an additional touch of style, the blade rotates out of the handle on an oversized pivot. The Bareknuckle comes complete with a reversible, deep-carry pocket clip for convenient carry on the left or right side.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Sub-Frame Lock - One side of a lightweight handle, or frame, is fitted with a steel plate integral to the frame; it is the part of the frame that moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. Sub-Frame Lock knives can be larger and lighter knife yet with an extremely secure lock.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made In The USA - When you see this on one of Kershaw's knives, it means the knife was made in their Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Blade Length: 3.5" (8.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.7" (11.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.2" (20.7 cm)
- Blade Material: 14C28N Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: 6061-T6 Anodized Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Sub-Frame
- Pivot Assembly: KVT Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 3.4 oz. (96.4 g)
- Made in the USA